Location: Situated at foothill of Himalaya, on the bank of holi Ganges. High mountains, beautiful surroundings, Ashrams, tamples and other spiritual centres offering various activities.
Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh
Nearest Airport: Dehradun
About the Centre:
Ayushman Ayurveda Cottage is an exclusive nature cure centre located in the city of Rishikesh, the gateway to the mystic and mighty Himalayas. It is the most trusted healing centre where you shall look for customized herbal remedies, therapeutic massages, relaxing oil treatments, Customised yoga and Meditation, Fasting, Spiritual Healing and holi rituals. It has two decades of excellent track record in providing high quality Ayurvedic, Naturopathic and Holistic treatments and curing a wide gamut of diseases and conditions like Arthritis, Diabetes, Migraine, Asthma, Stress, Allergies, Obesity, spondylitis, Hair Loss and all kinds of chronic ailments from Rishikesh.
Vaidya Nandlal Kothari, Founder-Director is an Ayurveda Physician, Yoga Expert and Spiritual Master who has carved up an enormous practice in the spiritual city Rishikesh. The city is often referred to as World Yoga capital and Spiritual University. Ayushman Ayurveda Cottage was established in 1998 with in-house Ayurveda, Yoga and Panchkarma Centres. Vaidya Nandlal takes keen interest in Ayurvedic System of Indian Therapy, Yoga Therapy and Spiritual Healing.
Number of Doctors in Hospital: 2
Speciality of Hospital: Panchkarma
2) Virechana (Purgation)
3) Basti(Therapeutic Enema)
4) Shiro virechana (Nasal Detox)
5) Rakta Mokshna (Removal of Impure Blood)
1) Shirodhara - is an Ancient Ayurvedic holistic treatment. It works like a surgical procedure of the subconscious mind to amputate negativity and to expand your consciousness. Shirodhara is an unbroken flow of medicated liquids (oils, decoctions,Milk or other) on your head for number of neurological, emotional, mental and psychological illnesses. It is a massage Pineal Gland.
2) Sarvanga Dhara (Full-body Oil Massage) - is considered to be the king treatment of Ayurveda for it’s sensuous effect. A steady stream of warm medicated oil (some 6 to 7 liters), will be rhythmical poured over your entire body with gentle touch massage. Cotton bundle, cotton cloth or a kindi is used to deliver oil in a rhythmical fashion all over your body followed by full-body gentle Massage. The oils/ Medicated liquids in Sarvanga Dhara are formulated according to your body type (Vata-Pitta-Kapha) and individual ailment. Sarvang Dhara is very effective against Fatigue Syndrome, Burnt out syndrome, arthritis and spondylosis, various bodily pains (like muscular pains, stiffness, frozen shoulder, back ache and joint stiffness) Sarvang dhara is also useful in sexual weaknesses and menstrual problems. Sarvanga Dhara is also an excellent treatment to relieve certain skin problem, sunburn etc.
3) Abhyangam Massage - is a warm oil massage, the oils are selected according to your prakriti. One/two or four people perform this rhythmic massage for 60 to 90 minute. Kati Basti: This procedure is done to relieve and cure back pain and sciatica pain. Hridaya Basti: This procedure is done to strengthen and improve heart functioning.
1) Pranic Healing - is a highly evolved and tested system of energy medicine, Ancient time yogis and sages used this kind of healing to cure people from sickneses. Modern Pranic healing was developed by GrandMaster Choa Kok Sui that utilizes prana to balance, harmonize and transform the body's energy processes. Prana a Sanskrit word which means life-force (the vital energy responsible for our total health in balance state). This invisible bio-energy or vital energy keeps the body alive and maintains a state of good health. In acupuncture, the Chinese refer to this subtle energy as Chi. It is also called Ruach or the Breath of Life in Hebrew.
2) Naturopathy or Naturopathic Medicine - is a form of alternative medicine based on a belief in vitalism, which posits that a special energy called vital energy or vital force guides bodily processes such as metabolism, reproduction, growth, and adaptation. Naturopathic philosophy favors aholistic approach and seeks to find the least invasive measures necessary for symptom improvement or resolution, thus encouraging minimal use ofsurgery and unnecessary drugs. According to the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges, "Naturopathic medicine is defined by principles rather than by methods or modalities. Above all, it honors the body’s innate wisdom to heal." The term "naturopathy" is derived from Greek and Latin, and literally translates as "nature disease". Modern naturopathy grew out of the Natural Cure movement of Europe.
3) Yoga Therapy - works as physical and mental therapy. The aging process, which is largely an artificial condition, caused mainly by autointoxication or self-poisoning, can be slowed down by practicing yoga. By practicing various yoga exercises we can keep the body clean (toxin free), flexible and well lubricated, we can significantly reduce the catabolic process of cell deterioration. To get the maximum benefits of yoga one has to combine the practices of yogasanas, pranayama and meditation.
4) Meditational Therapy - helps to relieve stress, anger, fear thus keeps you calm, relaxed, quite and free from all mental impurities. It is proven today that most of physical sicknesses are caused by lifestyle and eating habbits. Through Meditation we can controle our bad habbits and harmonise our body, mind and soul. Meditation is the key therapy to experience happiness and mental peace with mindfulness.
5) Other Therapies: Gem/ crystal Therapy, Magnetic Therapy, Massage Therapy, Reiki, Music Therapy, Dance Therapy and Aroma Therapy
12 Rooms on twin sharing/individual basis. Rooms are comfortable in size (3*3 and half square meter). All rooms are having an ensuite bathroom with hot water and a room heater for the winter months. The rooms are with balconies. Almost all the rooms are designed around a central garden which has lush green grass with flowers and other ornamental plants, mango and other fruit trees as well. And no, there are no TVs or phones in the rooms. Just some area to surf internet.
Price details: 3000INR
Source of food: Some from garden.
* Note: The food is served according to physician's advise. For other people food is based on Satvic, supachya(light), Pranic attribute.
Is food organic?: Yes
Is white sugar served?: No
Are nightshades served?: Yes
Is chilli served?: No
Is there any pollution in the vicinity?: No
Noise in the vicinity?: No
Are there cell phone towers?: Yes
Is vaastu applied?: Yes
How is the Vaastu of the land and building? Main gate on East, Kitchen on east south, meditation room at Ishan.
Source of Information: Vaidya Nandlal Kothari