Charaka says of all the treatments in Ayurveda Basti comprises the main component. By cleansing the colon and then applying herbal medicines there that nourish and heal the colon and improve its absorptive power we nourish the entire body. Charaka gives the analogy of nourishing a tree by its roots to get good flower, leaves and fruit.
During the past 15 years my wife and I had to travel to Lancaster, Massachusetts, and Boone, North Carolina in the United States as well as Bad Ems in Germany to receive Panchakarma for Disease Prevention and Health Preservation.
How great was our surprise to surf the Internet and realize that there was a company (Healing Hands) providing Panchakarma in our country and one of the most beautiful places in Mexico (La Riviera Nayarit). We contacted them and agreed to receive Panchakarma.
The reality exceeded our wildest expectations. Regardless of the high cost of travel abroad, their Panchakarma is much more rich and generous in the services. In both the U.S. and Germany (abroad) The following services are included as part of the normal protocol of Healing Hands:
- Start the day with personalized classes taught by a yoga instructor, excellent and highly qualified.
- Different types of teas to purify different body organs. Abroad only hot water is taken.
- Assorted fruit, vegetable juices and herbs daily throughout the Panchakarma to purify different body organs. Abroad do not provide a fruit or vegetable juice.
- Total skin brushing before massage.
- Beautiful music for massage application. Abroad is extremely boring.
- Massage is vigorous, thorough and an efficient way to mobilize toxins from the body. Overseas massage is a "SPA" type, ie, light and superficial.
- Steam bath daily. Abroad is not provided.
- Liquid diet without hunger the first three days.
Finally, the Director-General himself and his wife participated in the implementation of the Panchakarma. You can enjoy there kindness, generosity, professionalism and great human qualities. Abroad the massage techniques they use are cold and indifferent.
We recommend this Panchakarma to all Mexicans and any who are interested. No more traveling abroad for it. There are foreigners who come to Mexico to receive it.