Location: The hospital is situated midst the great scenarios of the mountains and is close to the bank of river Ganges.
Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh
Nearest Airport: Dehradun
About the Centre:
It was established in 1988 by Parmarth Niketan (Swami Shukdevanand Trust) and is being run by Shri Ram Gulam Kanhaiyalal Charitable Trust of Varanasi under the outer premise of Parmarth Niketan near Swargashram ; about 5 km from Rishikesh. The centre is situated in the foothills of Shivalik Region full of greeneries on one side and Devine Ganges on the other side. The main motive of the hospital being to treat people through the different elements present in the nature. This hospital does not only cure ailments but purifies both the soul and the body.
1. Diet Therapy
According to this therapy, the food must be taken in natural form. Fresh seasonal fruits, fresh green leafy vegetables and sprouts are excellent. These diets are broadly classified into three types which are as follows:
- Eliminative Diet - Liquids-Lemon, Citric juices, Tender Coconut water, Vegetable soups, Butter milk, Wheat Grass juices etc.
- Soothing Diet - Fruits, Salads, Boiled/Steamed Vegetables, Sprouts, Vegetable chutney etc.
- Constructive Diet - Wholesome flour, Unpolished rice, little pulses, Sprouts, Curd etc.
2. Fasting Therapy
Fasting is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. The word id derived from the old English , ‘ Feastan’ means to fast, observe, be strict. In Sanskrit ‘ Vrath’ means ‘determination’ and ‘Upavasa’ means ‘ near to God’.A fast may be total or partial concerning that from which one fasts, and may be prolonged or intermittent as to the period of fasting. Fasting is an important treatment modality for health preservation.
3. Mud Therapy
Mud is one of five elements of nature having immense impact on the body both in health and sickness. Advantages of using mud:
Its black colour absorbs all the colours of the Sun and conveys them to the body.
Mud retains moisture for a long time, when applied over the body part it causes cooling.
Its shape and consistency can be changed easily by adding water.
It is cheap and easily available.
Hydrotherapy is a branch of Nature Cure. It is the treatment of disorders using different forms of water. These forms of water application are in practice since age-old days. Hydrothermal therapy additionally uses its temperature effects, as in hot & cold baths, saunas, wraps, etc and in all its forms-solid, fluid, vapour, ice and steam, internally and externally. Water is without doubt the most ancient of all remedial agents for disease. This great healing agent has now been systematized and made into a science.
5. Colon Hydrotherapy
It is the process of cleansing and flushing out colon or large intestine. The treatment is similar to an enema but is more extensive. It uses clean filtered water under gentle pressure (without pain) to wash out or detoxify colon of stagnated faecal materials. The number of sessions will depend on individual. Most people require a series of 3-6 treatments to receive a thorough cleansing of the colon.
6. Massage Therapy
Massage is an excellent form of passive exercise. The word is derived from the Greek word ‘massier’ which means to kneed, from French "friction of kneading", or from Arabic massa meaning "to touch, feel or handle" or from Latin massa meaning "mass, dough”. Massage is the practice of soft tissue manipulation with physical (anatomical), functional (physiological), and in some cases psychological purposes and goals. If correctly done on a bare body, it can be highly stimulating and invigorating.
7. Chromo Therapy
Seven colours of Sun rays have different therapeutic effects. These colours are-Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red. For being healthy and in treatment of different diseases, these colours work effectively. Water and oil exposed to sun for specified hours in coloured bottles and coloured glasses, are used as devices of Chromo Therapy for treating different disorders. The simple methods of Chromo Therapy help in the process of recovery in a very effective manner.
8. Air Therapy
Fresh air is most essential for good health. The advantage of air therapy can be achieved by means of Air bath. Everybody should take an air bath daily for 20 minutes or longer if possible. It is more advantageous when combined with morning cold rub and exercises. In this process, one should walk daily after removing the clothes or wearing light clothes at a lonely clean place where adequate fresh air is available. Another alternate method is in a constructed room without roof and surrounded by shutter like walls so as to allow free passage of air but prevent any view of the interior.
- Basti Karma
- Virchana Karma
- Vamana Karma
- Nasya Karma
- Localized Bastis
1. Normal - These rooms are well furnished with two cots with comfortable mattress and pillows along with bedsheets and a pair of chair and table. Individual bathrooms are attached in each room for exclusive use with 24 hours flowing water and geasers. The rooms are divided into three parts and patients may use it as per there will.LIghts and Fans are provided along with charging points in each room. Patients may demand for coolers which will be provided after the collection of extra charge.All the rooms are safe and well ventilated.
2. Deluxe (Air-conditioned) - These rooms are well furnished with two cots with comfortable mattress and pillows along with bedsheets and a pair of chair and table. Individual bathrooms are attached in each room for exclusive use with 24 hours flowing water and geasers. The rooms are air-conditioned.LIghts and Fans are provided along with charging points in each room. All the rooms are safe and well ventilated.
3. Mess - Mess charges are included in the room charges and will not be charged extra. Each patient is provided with individual diet as per the treatment. The kitchen and food is completely hygienic. The patients may avail themselves purified cold water during the mess timings. The dining hall is well furnished and ventilated. Our mess takes the utmost care to provide the patients with the best possible food and the most hygienic environment.
Source of Food: From own garden
Is there any pollution in the vicinity?: No
Noise in the vicinity?: No
Source of Information: Parmarth Nature Cure & Yoga Centre Website