It is located in Raipur, Chattisgarh. An institution opened as school, today spread over in 90.30 acres of land. Residential area is spread over in one lakh twenty eight thousand eight hundred fifty square feet of land and remaining one lakh seventy seven thousand five hundred forty two square feet of area is non residential.
ABOUT THIS COLLEGE:
Government Ayurveda College Raipur was established as a Ayurveda school in 1948. First Ayurveda School was opened due to precious donation of land by late Shri Narayan Prasad Awasthi of Chattisgarh region, later in 1955 it was undertaken by government to run graduate courses and develop as a college. The golden contribution of late Shri Khudadad Dungaji made it possible to establish Ayurvedic Hospital in the premises of college.
In preliminary years arrangement was made to run 3 years L.A.P. diploma course, which was running under the direction of Board of Ayurvedic and Unani System of medicine Mahakoshal, Jabalpur. Since 1950 to 1955 it was affiliated to Hari singh Gour University, Sagar. In this duration total 249 L.A.P. diploma holder students have become successful.
In preliminary year of B.A.M.S. degree course, college was affiliation to Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar. Since the establishment of university in Raipur during 1963-64, college is affiliated to Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur. First batch of 15 students of B.A.M.S. course passed out in 1959-60 are presently providing services in different areas of state and country.
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.) Ayurvedacharya, a five year course was started during 1955-56 in Shri Narayan Prasad Awasthi, Government Ayurveda hospital/College Raipur. Beside this course internship is provided in district hospitals.
5 & 1/2 years.
The students should qualify by 10 & +2 (Science) with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
There are separate girls & boys hostel for the student came to study from different areas. Girls hostel has arrangement for 40 students. Boys hostel has 52 rooms with all facility for 104 students.
In the college, three year post graduate M.D. course was started for the first time in year 1972. This post graduate course in based on Kaya-Chikitsa subject. Admission to this course is given to B.A.M.S. degree holder of various categories with following reservation according to government rule and merit list is prepared on the basis of written examination.
Well established laboratories are available for the students of college studying Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Dravya-Guna, Vigyana, Rasa-Shastra Deptt, Agad-Tantra, Hygiene and Vikriti-Vigyana.
College has Smt. Ram Bharosi Devi memorial library. It has a good collection of Ayurveda Samhita, medical books, reference books, PhD thesis, various magazines and local news papers. Presently library has a 26156 book as a rich collection of knowledge. These books are arranged in 48 Almirah of the library. There is a separate reading room for the necessary development of personality of students.
College / Hospital has indoor and outdoor play grounds for various games. Medicinal garden of the college is spread over in the area of 35 acres under the supervision of Department of Dravya-Guna. This medicinal garden has many trees of Ayurvedic medicine propagated for functional studies.